• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any1 else runnin a constant 95% Android System use???

Why would you get another battery and see what you get? The percentage it is showing is the percentage of what apps HAVE/ARE been running and the amount of battery used. So, the Android system would show 95% if you have been just letting it idle or have the screen on. But this percentage would change dynamically if you start running apps. While you are running let's say 4 apps, go in and see what the % shows for each app. It will just show which apps are battery hogs. It does not mean anything about if the battery is good or bad.

But if the battery life is short, then, yeah, try another battery. The percentage could help you find which apps are battery hogs and then you could decide to use them or delete them as well.

Upvote 0
But if the battery life is short, then, yeah, try another battery.
Well, I did start off by sayin my battery life sucked hence the reasoning as to why I'd get another battery...

whether it helps or not wouldn't make much a difference really, but the fact that I will hav 2 charged batteries will...

Upvote 0
The battery sucks on all the moments from the factory. Its not the battery, its the phone and how it uses the battery. There are many causes but the big ones are gps and wifi running, apps constantly checking location/syncing with other apps and server, and your phone boosting the power to the antenna to find service constantly....all of which can be fixed fairly easily. The other major factor is the over abundace of useless apps and services running by default which can be remove but require either root access and a shell terminal or ADB shell. With factory settings im lucky to get 8 hours on a charge, after removing tons of crap and limiting wifi/gps to only when im using it i get well over 48.

Upvote 0
Well it now makes sense to me that it shows 95+% all the time because there isn't anything else running; I think the trick is shutting off GPS, Wireless Networks & Sync & jus using it when needed; I was gettin 12-15hrs before 2.1 which for me was great but after it dropped to 5-8 & that was a maybe.. Every blue moon I'd get maybe 10 but that would be it which was still OK but 5-8 or less is not acceptable especially knowing I've had way better results & I guess it really burns 1 up seeing others getting 2 days & such with the same phone...

Upvote 0
There's a million forums on setup to improve battery life, but the configuration I'm using is: aGPS on (wireless networks), GPS off. For Synchronization, I sync ONLY Gmail (Calendar, Contacts and picassa off). When I add a new contact, I just check the box, then uncheck it.

I get decent battery life now (prob 12ish hours of moderate use). When I had DD10, I couldn't get more than 4 hrs.

Upvote 0
If you have anything running in the background (email retrieval, Facebook updates, text messages, weather updates, etc. it is going to run the system to a much higher level then a phone that doesn't have any of that running.

I just modified some of the settings for email retrieval delay to 1 hour, bad weather notice to moderate, limited sync of work emails.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones