• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anybody create a wallpaper for me?

So you'd be happy with a distorted image? Maybe if it was a pattern, but scaling a picture differently on the two axis always looks weird.

It never occurred to me that someone would want to do that.
you have to get creative and kinda know what you're doing to not get a distorted image ;)

With images like the one posted if its not the right size when you let the phone set it you end up with the skull not fitting the screen correctly (too big,etc). So you can resize the canvas and dup the layer n move them around so it fits how android does the wallpaper and not have a distorted image and objects like the skull are centered on the home screen. Takes a lil work n getting use to photoshop etc.

And yea I'm a linux user lol, is there any other environment to dev android in??? ;)

Upvote 0
Ok some of you guys are making me laugh. FWIW It is a Whitetail Deer skull.
I tried to use it as is but in portrait it cuts off the horns but looks good in landscape.
I guess it would probably look wierd if it was "stretched" out vertically to git the entire image in portrait mode.

Upvote 0
Ok some of you guys are making me laugh. FWIW It is a Whitetail Deer skull.
I tried to use it as is but in portrait it cuts off the horns but looks good in landscape.
I guess it would probably look wierd if it was "stretched" out vertically to git the entire image in portrait mode.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to earlier. If you can find some wallpapers that are in portrait mode instead of landscape you will have better luck resizing those.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones