• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else have this problem or know whats causing it

Ok so to make a long story short..I had a moment in the beginning and took it back,got a hero had massive problems and finally got my hero replaced with another moment that was brand new.I just got it like 2-3 days ago and its having the same issues that i had on 1.5 when i had it the first time.I had it replaced when i had it the first time and same issue.I have 2.1 now and the battery life is still horrible like dropping not long after taking it off the charger without using it but biggest problem is that the phone will tell me i have no service and it will have an x up above where the bars should be and i have to remove the battery and put it back in before it will work again.The data does the same thing and i can turn the phone off and back on for that and it will work again.Does this happen to anyone else??Its very frustrating!!Also the wifi wont connect.It just says it is unable to connect but it was just working and my laptop works wirelessly so i know that its not my router or anything with my connection.

well this is a common complaint and there are different fixes if you do a search on this forum. you might want to try doing a factory reset. that seems to help a lot of people. it helped me. and as far as the battery goes, try conditioning it by letting it die all the way, and then turning it off and charging it over night. do this a few times. some people don't believe conditioning helps, i believe it does.

Upvote 0
I experience the dreaded cdma lockup (loss of data connection), but only sometimes after turning off wifi. I make it a habit to reboot the phone after a wifi session. Your battery issue is probably tied to your radio issues. The phone will ramp up power to the radio when it isn't receiving a good signal and drain the battery in a hurry. You could try redoing your profile and prl, but I doubt it will help. Can you not connect with your router at all, or does it fail to connect when you're having the data lockup problem? I have a issue with my oldish Buffalo router failing to issue ip's, apparently I'm at the limit of devices it can handle (12 total, 6 wifi). I usually have to shut off a wifi connected device to connect another, even fixed ip's won't fix things. Wish I could be of more help, good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones