• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having this issue?

Keo

Mar 30, 2010
Whenever I'm using the keyboard on my Moment and one of my fingers or thumb goes over the light sensor the phone goes dark. I could be using any program and the second my finger covers the sensor, the screen blacks out. I I know the sensor's intended use is to darken the screen and prevent your cheek from pushing any buttons/icons on the screen while you're actually talking on the phone, and the screen comes back on when you pull the phone away from your face. Is this sensor supposed to work while the phone is being used for other things? It's so annoying having to use my right hand for everything because the second something goes near the sensor it blacks out the screen. Is there a way to turn that crap off?:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones