• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else see that HTC shut down the sense website

It was very hit or miss and for the most part, I don't think it worked at all for many people. I only managed to get it working successfully once. It was a great idea, that just didn't pan out for the majority of people that used it. There was a massive thread about it over on the Desire HD forums which I believe was the first handset that they advertised as being able to use it (I suspect there are more dotted around the other HTC Device forums).

The app lookout does pretty much the same thing and offers many of the same features if you want an alternative?

Reactions: gqtrebor
Upvote 0
It was very hit or miss and for the most part, I don't think it worked at all for many people. I only managed to get it working successfully once. It was a great idea, that just didn't pan out for the majority of people that used it. There was a massive thread about it over on the Desire HD forums which I believe was the first handset that they advertised as being able to use it (I suspect there are more dotted around the other HTC Device forums).

The app lookout does pretty much the same thing and offers many of the same features if you want an alternative?

Thanks I will look into it. As i actually used sense allot.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
I just got this email from them

Dear HTCSense.com customer,
HTC-BazzarVoice-spacer.gif
HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you.
Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will be shutting down. If you have been using HTCSense.com to sync your Contacts, Messages, Footprints or Call History, you can download your data through April 30, 2012 . After April 30, your data will no longer be accessible and will be deleted.
Download your .zip file by following these steps:

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I wonder if they're going to relaunch it in conjunction with the new One series?

I'm with you on this one. We are thinking on the same wave length me thinks.

I just posted this in the Evo 3D forum. Someone wondered if HTCSense.com going down soon had something to do with the upcoming Ice Cream Sandwich Android update.

Yes, Spring cleaning indeed. Likely no relation to Ice Cream Sandwich releases, and more likely correlated to Sense 4.0 and the release of the One Series of handsets?

HTC has stated that they want to update and streamline their services plus reinvigorate and push the HTC Hub going forward (HTCSense.com's portal to our phone - you can't use the Hub Application on your phone without a HTCSense.com log in).

Since we are probably getting Sense 3.6 with our Ice Cream Sandwich, the HTCSense.com changes probably will not effect us much and will instead be optimized for Sense 4.0 only phones and the HTC One series?

HTC Blog | New APIs Released from HTCDev
"In addition, we have some great ways to get apps that are integrated with these new APIs featured on various HTC channels, such as HTC HUB. HTC HUB allows users to download relevant content that makes their device more useful and their lives more efficient, organized, and entertaining. Most importantly for you, HTC Hub allows you to get better market reach, better visibility, and more downloads."

Also check out HTCHub.com. Looks like a possible placeholder, with One X in the preview picture on the browser navigation bar?
(Not to be confused with HTC-Hub.com - French/EU News Site that centers around HTC community and rumors)

Maybe I'm just reading into things too far just like the next guy who knows...

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Great minds and all that jazz :p

It would make sense (no pun intended) that they revamp it along with their new line of handsets. Given that they're lumping in 25GB (I think that's the figure that was mentioned somewhere) of Dropbox storage, I wonder if they'll integrate it with that somehow.

Thats not a bad idea - even though I won't utilize the space. :cool:

In some of the hands on videos from the MWC I noticed that Dropbox had its own application icon in the application drawer. However that doesn't mean it is not linked to HTCSense.com or the HTC Hub in some way shape or form. I never saw a video where someone actually tapped the icon (it was probably non functioning anyway).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones