Anyone else see that HTC shut down the sense website

1. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

So I see that today HTC shut down the sense website down. kind of pisses me off as i actually used it alot.

https://www.htcsense.com

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It was very hit or miss and for the most part, I don't think it worked at all for many people. I only managed to get it working successfully once. It was a great idea, that just didn't pan out for the majority of people that used it. There was a massive thread about it over on the Desire HD forums which I believe was the first handset that they advertised as being able to use it (I suspect there are more dotted around the other HTC Device forums).

The app lookout does pretty much the same thing and offers many of the same features if you want an alternative?
    gqtrebor likes this.
  3. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

Thanks I will look into it. As i actually used sense allot.

Thanks again
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I just got this email from them

Dear HTCSense.com customer, [​IMG] HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you. [​IMG] Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will be shutting down. If you have been using HTCSense.com to sync your Contacts, Messages, Footprints or Call History, you can download your data through April 30, 2012 . After April 30, your data will no longer be accessible and will be deleted. [​IMG] Download your .zip file by following these steps: [​IMG]
    El Presidente likes this.
  5. El Presidente

I wonder if they're going to relaunch it in conjunction with the new One series?
    PyroSporker likes this.
  6. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one. We are thinking on the same wave length me thinks.

I just posted this in the Evo 3D forum. Someone wondered if HTCSense.com going down soon had something to do with the upcoming Ice Cream Sandwich Android update.

El Presidente likes this.
  7. El Presidente

Great minds and all that jazz :p

It would make sense (no pun intended) that they revamp it along with their new line of handsets. Given that they're lumping in 25GB (I think that's the figure that was mentioned somewhere) of Dropbox storage, I wonder if they'll integrate it with that somehow.
  8. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Thats not a bad idea - even though I won't utilize the space. :cool:

In some of the hands on videos from the MWC I noticed that Dropbox had its own application icon in the application drawer. However that doesn't mean it is not linked to HTCSense.com or the HTC Hub in some way shape or form. I never saw a video where someone actually tapped the icon (it was probably non functioning anyway).
  9. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I hate that it effects the hub and i no longer can get the extra skins. i liked those. i had them til i reset my phone and now they are gone. oh well heres hoping that it makes a come back.