• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else's battery really crappy today?

tensazan

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2011
Indiana
Has anyone had a problem with their TB eating through battery today? I updated my phone the night it went live, and no problems, but for some reason today mine has been chewing through battery like never before, had to charge it 3 times. I had the exact same signal, did almost no texting, and no internet at all... along with the same settings as usual

Tensazan, actually my battery has been great today. updated OTA yesterday. installed and rebooted as planned. i then pulled battery. reboooted with no issues. Charged battery and then bumped to completely fill battery. TBolt was on charger all night. Unplugged at 7am. Now its 10:35pm cdt and I'm at 54% 15h 35mins up time. Awake time is 4hrs 55 mins. Txting, surfing, solitare, Pandora and WinAmp. 3g and wifi only.
Am running stock 2.2.1. Not rooted. Am running Android Assistant and Juice Defender.

I did order the twin 1700mah batteries with charger($17.50 on ebay),but this is acceptable to me.

Any questions, let me know.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had a problem with their TB eating through battery today? I updated my phone the night it went live, and no problems, but for some reason today mine has been chewing through battery like never before, had to charge it 3 times. I had the exact same signal, did almost no texting, and no internet at all... along with the same settings as usual

I to had terrible battery today, unplugged at 6:30am, by 11:45 my first battery was at 15%. At 12:15 my 2nd battery went in and by 5pm my phone died. Been charging this battery since about 5 pm and am at 66%, taking forever to charge! Update screwed me!

Upvote 0
Im just getting update now... Havent had any issues with battery since first week...

Snapshot_20110516_1.jpg

Update: Wow, this webcam takes ugly pics...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones