• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone having issues with Handcent on the Evo

massiveian

Dec 19, 2009
Iv had my evo for a week now and i used handcent on my samsung moment with no problem but on the evo i noticed that if i dont open a message immediatly the phone will stay awake. (screen will black out but phone is still running) Iv verified this in spare parts. I had over an hour of usage from handcent in partial wake usage.
Does anyone have a solution for this? I love the way handcent work and its layout. Iv checked in handcents settings and nothing should keep the phone from staying awake. my evo is stock with root.

I have not heard of other people having that problem. I would recommend deleting it and reinstalling it. Or, if you'd rather tr this first, go into settings, applications, manage applications, handscent sms, and then select clear data and clear cache.

Give that a try and see if it changes things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones