Anyone having issues with Handcent on the EvoSupport

Last Updated:

1. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Iv had my evo for a week now and i used handcent on my samsung moment with no problem but on the evo i noticed that if i dont open a message immediatly the phone will stay awake. (screen will black out but phone is still running) Iv verified this in spare parts. I had over an hour of usage from handcent in partial wake usage.
    Does anyone have a solution for this? I love the way handcent work and its layout. Iv checked in handcents settings and nothing should keep the phone from staying awake. my evo is stock with root.

Advertisement
  2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

I have not heard of other people having that problem. I would recommend deleting it and reinstalling it. Or, if you'd rather tr this first, go into settings, applications, manage applications, handscent sms, and then select clear data and clear cache.

Give that a try and see if it changes things.

3. already known

already known Member

only issue i have had with it that it is always updating in the marketplace...i dont know if this is normal or not...it makes no sense...

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

there is a setting in the menu to disable this. I don't recall exactly what it was. On mine I turned off popups and the "wake phone" selections in the menu.

when I have my phone on me I will post the exact steps to get to it