Anyone having trouble with google voice call out number in NC

Last Updated:

1. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey
    Every time I try to call out on Google voice it says "were sorry we are unable to complete this call". Anyone else having or had this problem an can help?

Advertisement
  2. will_m68

No one is having an issue? WOW, it used to work just not now.

3. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

This problem has been widely reported over at the Google Mobile help forum Android Devices - Google Mobile Help.

It appears to be a problem in FL using the 850 access number and the common thread is that most if not all are former Alltel customers. It has also been reported by me and others that if you leave your local calling area it works fine.

4. will_m68

Thanks for the reply. I have never been an Alltel customer, and it did work for a long time. I can't remember if it started with the last update or not. Anyway, glad to see it's not just me and I didn't do something to make it happen.

5. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm about 20 miles outside of Raleigh (translation: boonies). Generally speaking, Google Voice connects fine. Other times, without rhyme or reason, it's stubborn. I now have a work around. GV Dialer has been upgraded to version 2, still free (no ads). It uses the carrier's network to call your GV number, and connect the call.

Warning: currently, GV Dialer is an all-or-nothing deal, as once set to "on", it will grab EVERY outgoing call... which kills Verizon-to-Verizon freebies, etc. A fix is coming. For now, I keep the app on my home screen so I can quickly turn it on and off as dictated by connection circumstances.

6. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

I'm in Raleigh. I don't dial from my GV number much but I've never had it not go when I wanted to use it.

7. will_m68

I found the issue. When it dials out it does not have the 1 in front of the area code. The number it dials is in a different area code so I need the 1 for long distance. Anyone know how to add the 1?

8. will_m68

I just tried the dialer, i used it with my bb before the droid. It keeps telling me the pin is wrong and I know it's not.
    On the Warning, that wouldn't be a big deal if you have it in your friends and family plan.

9. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

That is not the issue. In most cases the "1" is no longer needed. Mine does not append the one either and the GV app worked fine for weeks until mid December.

I think the problem will be found to be a database link issue with the GV access number.

10. will_m68

Your right, I tried it again and them same thing! Oh well I guess i will have to wait on a fix!