• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone having YouTube Ripper problems?

Today i tried to use Youtube Ripper but i cant get it to download anything ? I have used it for about a month very successfully but today i do the usual business of using the youtube app , starting vid , press menu , share , Youtube ripper then Rip It . It looks like its starting a download but it doesnt happen , is it possible Youtube have stopped this app from working or am i the only one having this problem .
Sorry if this has been asked already but i couldnt see anything similat posted .

Yup, I think Google/Youtube changed something. I just noticed earlier today that Tubedroid no longer works. Bought it 3 days ago and everything was fine till today.

Downloaded another app from SlideME called FREEid Youtube that specifically states an update for Youtube's new changes 7-23-10. I like the Tubedroid better but FREEid works.

Reactions: minerwilly
Upvote 0
Thanks Kurisu , thats a real shame as I use it to download free guitar lessons of YouTube which are hardly copyrighted material . Oh well I suppose I will have to start downloading them using the PC then put them onto the phone manually .
I got a new one called videobox but that seems to place the videos in the internal memory and not on the SD card . Useless.

Upvote 0
Yup, I think Google/Youtube changed something. I just noticed earlier today that Tubedroid no longer works. Bought it 3 days ago and everything was fine till today.

Downloaded another app from SlideME called FREEid Youtube that specifically states an update for Youtube's new changes 7-23-10. I like the Tubedroid better but FREEid works.

Can you point me to where that is? Nothing in the Market and Google didn't even find it. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones