• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone know of (or would like to make) a battery drain app?

FortKnox

Nov 23, 2008
So my carrier told me the best thing to do to extend the life of my battery (on an HTC G2) is to run it all the way down to empty once every few weeks. I'm doing that, but after I bought an extended-life battery, doing so takes a -=really=- long time. Like right now, it's playing music through Pandora while also running a flashlight app that continually changes the color of the whole screen. It's been playing music in the background for a good while now, and I got to thinking... "There's got to be a better way..." So I'm looking for an app that will effectively (and hopefully silently) help me drain the battery as fast as possible. Anyone got any pointers?
Thanks!
Jeff

Although I’ve read the exact opposite around here, my manual says, “Do not wait until your battery is completely depleted before charging your device. Repeating this process of a complete discharge and recharge can over time reduce the storage capacity of any battery.”

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones