• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone looking at Blackberry 10?

TgeekB

Aug 18, 2010
Western NY
I was a long time BB user and recently converted to Android (less than a year). I have been keeping up with the BB10 news and hope BB can rebound as I feel diversity helps breed competition and advancement in our hobby.

Some of the information and pics being leaked show promise. QNX is a solid OS and the new phones look to have some nice features (swiping gestures, true multitasking, security, ability to keep corporate and personal data separate, etc.) Is anyone else looking forward to the release Q1 2013?

FYI: loving my Android but always have more than one phone and usually manufacturer.

I do remember hearing something about that. The media loves to blow comments out of proportion. Even now some people believe they are going out of business. That is why I brought up the thread, to see how many people knew about BB10.

I do believe BB10 will determine what the future brings for RIM. If it is successful, they will crawl back into the smartphone market. If not, you could see them sold.

As a side note, I finally upgraded my Skyrocket to ICS and all went well. I do have an upgrade coming in March so it will be interesting to see what is available and what I decide to go with. I love choice.

Upvote 0
Hopefully they don't put the cart before the horse. The only way that they will be able to stimulate consumers interest in the BB platform at this late date is to ensure that they have a large and diversified developer ecosystem. People left in droves not because of a late OS rollout but because of stagnant, dormant app development.

Upvote 0
I've seen a couple of video's of BB10 and I have to say it looks pretty impressive, they know there app store has been poor up to now and that is where they seem to making the big changes.. apparently porting apps over to BB is now very easy.

One of the new phones is a decent sized touch screen and one a horrible keyboard one, honestly think they should let other companies make the phones for them.

I think Windows phone will have the most to lose, I would never get another BB I just couldn't get away with it but more competition means more innovation.

Upvote 0
Hopefully they don't put the cart before the horse. The only way that they will be able to stimulate consumers interest in the BB platform at this late date is to ensure that they have a large and diversified developer ecosystem. People left in droves not because of a late OS rollout but because of stagnant, dormant app development.

If I was in their Marketing Dept. I would advise them to merge with Android Technology.

Blackberry +Android best of both worlds-kind of theme .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones