• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone seeing the very quick 10 percent battery drop issue?

JimmyJunk

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
Anyone seeing an issue where they charge to 100% percent overnight, pull the phone off the charger and see a very quick drop to 90%?

I know the HTC Evo had this problem, and it seems like my phone is doing as well.

I charge it all night, pull it off the charger and surf for like 10 minutes and the battery level plummets to 90%.

Its interesting to note that if you charge the phone to 100%, turn it off and charge it, the battery indicator will display 90% and take about 10 mins to get to 100%.

If you then turn it on and charge it, the battery will be at 90% and will take another 10 minutes of charging to reach 100%.

This is basically the HTC charging trick. After doing the charge while on/charge while off cycle several time, the battery will truly be at 100%. The problem is, I dont really want to do this every time I charge my phone.

Wondering what other peoples experiences are?

I noticed that this morning. The tool that I've found most usefull is JuiceDefender with JuicePlotter. The plotter is an ongoing monitor that plots your battery usage over time. I can go back the past 2 days I've had the phone and see exactly when I charged it, when it started draining and how fast. I plan on monitoring this for about a week and if I'm not happy with it, I'll use the plot to show to AT&T as my "proof" that this phone is defective and get another one. I just thought this was especially important as it seems that the battery life varies wildly on these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones