• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone Tired Z4Root

It didn't work for me. It mainly uses an exploit found in 2.2, so I believe it doesn't really (or shouldn't) work on the SF.
Uh, it uses the exact same exploit as the manual root we've been using on the Fascinate from the beginning.

I think this could actually be useful for newbies who ONLY use it to install tether, Titanium, etc., and maybe to flash one stable ROM package every four months or so. The problem is that none of the one-touch stuff prepares the user to deal with the pitfalls of flashitis.

Upvote 0
Uh, it uses the exact same exploit as the manual root we've been using on the Fascinate from the beginning.

I think this could actually be useful for newbies who ONLY use it to install tether, Titanium, etc., and maybe to flash one stable ROM package every four months or so. The problem is that none of the one-touch stuff prepares the user to deal with the pitfalls of flashitis.

Rooting for tether only.....then yes that's a decent use for this

I'd say a big NOOO for tibu as u can delete critical stuff in there and without backups and cwr or some knowledge u can screw stuff up bad

Same with roms u need cwr and computer drivers anyway and if u can't handle computer root u really have no bidness flashing Rome imo

We all think different things on this topic but beginners should learn how to do things the proper way it cuts down on a lot of issues Ans accelerates the learning curve

Upvote 0
To be honest, I think for beginners it may be a decent investment to go on say Craigslist/Ebay and get a cheap G1 or some other phone of the like that you can practice rooting through ADB and running the commands for successful rooting. I know every phone is a little different when it comes down to the wire, but most are pretty much the same. I know the disposable income for such may not be readily available, but when I made an investment on my phones, I made a small investment in another that I can't use, but can learn from :)

Aaaannnd...there's my $.02

Upvote 0
To be honest, I think for beginners it may be a decent investment to go on say Craigslist/Ebay and get a cheap G1 or some other phone of the like that you can practice rooting through ADB and running the commands for successful rooting. I know every phone is a little different when it comes down to the wire, but most are pretty much the same. I know the disposable income for such may not be readily available, but when I made an investment on my phones, I made a small investment in another that I can't use, but can learn from :)

Aaaannnd...there's my $.02

That's a good idea if someone had an older android device or could get their hands on one cheaply.

Really though I feel that with how good the directions are for most root things and just alittle reading.....its not all that hard to pick up.

Upvote 0
That's a good idea if someone had an older android device or could get their hands on one cheaply.

Really though I feel that with how good the directions are for most root things and just alittle reading.....its not all that hard to pick up.

I won't argue with that at all, I rooted my 3 Erii and 2 Droids through following simple guides on the subject. :D My thought process, is just with so many people on the fence (even with the great, easy-to-use guides) because they don't want to possibly screw up their personal device, why not take the time to learn and get some confidence. Coming from the Droid forum, it was amazing how many people used one click root methods and ran into problems in the long run. It just kinda holds true to the notion that the easy way isn't always the best :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I won't argue with that at all, I rooted my 3 Erii and 2 Droids through following simple guides on the subject. :D My thought process, is just with so many people on the fence (even with the great, easy-to-use guides) because they don't want to possibly screw up their personal device, why not take the time to learn and get some confidence. Coming from the Droid forum, it was amazing how many people used one click root methods and ran into problems in the long run. It just kinda holds true to the notion that the easy way isn't always the best :rolleyes:

yup some phones the vast majority (or seems like it anyway) use phone only root and flash everything directly from the phone.

its fine in theory, but you learn nothing about your phone that way and when problems come...panic sets in :eek:

Upvote 0
I have rooted the droid, droidX and the fascinate. The Z4 worked well and fast with the fascinate. For those that haven't rooted just research as much as possible and you will be fine. There is a lot of good information in here sometimes you just have to overlook the different opinions. I would like to say thanks to all of you that have done so much with roms and the like.

Upvote 0
I have rooted the droid, droidX and the fascinate. The Z4 worked well and fast with the fascinate. For those that haven't rooted just research as much as possible and you will be fine. There is a lot of good information in here sometimes you just have to overlook the different opinions. I would like to say thanks to all of you that have done so much with roms and the like.

If you have rooted before and need to root immediately or don't plan on flashing anything then 1 click root is fine.

However for roms kernels etc you need to use a computer to flash cwr so phones only root doesn't save much time.

My real issue is with people not knowing what they are doing rooting and then screwing up their phones.

Hats really where I'm coming from

Reactions: rrainz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones