• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using the seidio extended 1750mAh battery?

I thought there was some test done that showed the extended slim battery actually performs worse than the stock battery? so you people who are getting these long days out of it, how was the stock battery? I was TRYING to kill my incredible last night and after 3 hours of abuse the battery just wouldn't die... yet on the first charge it lasted maybe an hour...

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
I thought there was some test done that showed the extended slim battery actually performs worse than the stock battery? so you people who are getting these long days out of it, how was the stock battery? I was TRYING to kill my incredible last night and after 3 hours of abuse the battery just wouldn't die... yet on the first charge it lasted maybe an hour...

Yeah that would be this site. BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

Looks like the problem is that the batteries don't actually have the capacity the manufacturer claims they do. In that case, you're paying for something you're not getting. Your mileage may vary of course.

Upvote 0
I just went ahead and ordered one. My battery keeps dying fast. I could live with having to charge it every night, but to have to charge it 2-3 times during the day.....come on.

Im having the same problem on mine. I charge it over night and it goes down all the way in about half the day from medium use. Defiantly a lot worse than my blackberry. Im gonna have to invest in this extended battery

Upvote 0
Im having the same problem on mine. I charge it over night and it goes down all the way in about half the day from medium use. Defiantly a lot worse than my blackberry. Im gonna have to invest in this extended battery
You both have an app that is killing your battery. Even on the battery that came with phone I was getting much better results than that. Are you running the HTC battery widget? This killed my battery fast with my Eris (with 2.1).

I'm running the Seidio 1750 battery on my Incredible (that was used with my Eris) and I'm getting good battery time. I'm at 36% after 23 hours (I was sleeping 7 of those hours. This was with fairly heavy use (Internet, e-mails, camera, facebook, and gaming). With light use I bet could get 36 or more hours.

Upvote 0
I bought the seidio 1750 mAh battery for my eris. Once I get my Inc I plan on using the seidio battery. The 1750 is better than the stock 1300, not earth shattering, but enough to get me through a full day with high usage. My stock 1300 couldn't get close to that. I unplug at 5 am. When I get home around 6-7 pm, I still have 50% left in the tank. With the stock 1300 I would be at 20% or lower. Was it worth the extra $$? For me it was.

The 2150 from verizon might be a better option. I read it adds another 1mm in thickness? Don't know for sure....

Upvote 0
A question for you guys that are in love with the battery (especially those making ridiculous claims that the battery "improves" after several cycles:

Can you offer me a scientific explanation how they managed to fit in an extra 450ma of power density vs. the stock battery? Do you have any idea how battery chemistry works? 100-200ma is possible, but 450 is not without using a different battery technology.

Battery capacity is directly related to size. Now there will certainly be a difference when comparing to batteries of the same physical size when one is made with cheap cells and one is made of quality cells, but that's not the point. The point is that when two batteries made from quality cells that are the same physical side are compared, the capacity will be within a few percent of each other.

It is physically impossible for the Seido batteries to live up to their claims, and the test linked in this thread confirms that. The OEM TP2 battery is pretty much the highest power density and highest quality cell that I've ever seen in this formfactor, and there's no way that Seido fit in 250ma more than THAT, let alone 450ma more than the stock Incredible battery. Quite frankly, you're throwing away your money.

Look at normal batteries for example - compare a duracell coppertop and a panasonic evolta AA, which are both among the highest quality available (energizer alkalines are crap, which is why I didn't mention them). Their capacities are within a few percent of each other. Ditto for lithium ion batteries - my AW 14500 cell, which is a premium battery, is only a few percent more capacity than even the cheap cells that are the same physical size.

The Seido will definitely give you more battery life than the 1300ma stock battery, but it will give you LESS battery life than the OEM 1500ma TP2 battery - which is $15 shipped on ebay!

There are only 2 intelligent options for an extended battery at present time:

1500ma TP2 OEM battery - $15
2150ma from verizon when it comes out

Upvote 0
A question for you guys that are in love with the battery (especially those making ridiculous claims that the battery "improves" after several cycles:

Can you offer me a scientific explanation how they managed to fit in an extra 450ma of power density vs. the stock battery? Do you have any idea how battery chemistry works? 100-200ma is possible, but 450 is not without using a different battery technology.

Battery capacity is directly related to size. Now there will certainly be a difference when comparing to batteries of the same physical size when one is made with cheap cells and one is made of quality cells, but that's not the point. The point is that when two batteries made from quality cells that are the same physical side are compared, the capacity will be within a few percent of each other.

It is physically impossible for the Seido batteries to live up to their claims, and the test linked in this thread confirms that. The OEM TP2 battery is pretty much the highest power density and highest quality cell that I've ever seen in this formfactor, and there's no way that Seido fit in 250ma more than THAT, let alone 450ma more than the stock Incredible battery. Quite frankly, you're throwing away your money.

Look at normal batteries for example - compare a duracell coppertop and a panasonic evolta AA, which are both among the highest quality available (energizer alkalines are crap, which is why I didn't mention them). Their capacities are within a few percent of each other. Ditto for lithium ion batteries - my AW 14500 cell, which is a premium battery, is only a few percent more capacity than even the cheap cells that are the same physical size.

The Seido will definitely give you more battery life than the 1300ma stock battery, but it will give you LESS battery life than the OEM 1500ma TP2 battery - which is $15 shipped on ebay!

There are only 2 intelligent options for an extended battery at present time:

1500ma TP2 OEM battery - $15
2150ma from verizon when it comes out
So what you're saying is I am imagining I have 25-30% more juice at the end of the day with the 1750 than I do with the stock battery? Ruff.......

Reactions: load97
Upvote 0
My Inc battery is fine I easily get through a whole day. There is a thread in the Eris section that has a ton of good tips for getting the most out of your battery life. I recommend it.

I have the SEIDO 1750 for my Eris which will now be used in my Inc (put the stock Eris battery back in for my wife). On the Eris it gave me approx 25-30% more life. I'm testing the stock Inc battery this week and will put the SEIDO 1750 in next week to compare the difference.

I'm sure some get a SEIDO and it might just be a dud or doesn't live up to stated mah's. The one I got did live up and gave a very noticeable improvement over the stock Eris battery.

Upvote 0
computerpro3,

Might it be possible that BatteryBoss had a bad sample of the 1750 battery? I'm not claiming it is 1750 but I do know I'm getting significantly better battery time than OEM battery. On my Eris it was 20 - 30% more. I have not really been comparing battery time to OEM with Incredible.

I know it is not same technology but AA NiMH batteries can very by as much as 900 mAh (2,000 - 2,900). The batteries are obviously the same size.

I was not aware that the TP2 had the same size battery as the Incredible. I wonder why HTC went with the 1300 capacity battery on the Incredible...

Reactions: load97
Upvote 0
Yeah that would be this site. BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

Looks like the problem is that the batteries don't actually have the capacity the manufacturer claims they do. In that case, you're paying for something you're not getting. Your mileage may vary of course.

I have voiced an opinion on this link before, and I will do so again.

BatteryBoss is an incompetent experimentalist who has more need for attention than for truth. His claims have a couple of problems:

-Not all batteries were new. And even if they were never used, he does not know how old they are. Lithium batteries decay from the start regardless of whether they are used. This is a huge factor.

-He asked his internet friends to send him batteries. Not only are these not new, they have been used. He does not know the conditions under which they were used (temperature, charge/discharge rate). A high discharge rate could cripple a battery. Same with an obnoxiously hight charge rate. He does not know the history, and yet compares them to new batteries with no correction or normalzation.

-A sample size of one is not statistically viable in any type of research. That is pretty clear cut.

Battery boss, while he may think he is helping the consumer, is really only spreading misinformation and bad statistics. While his results may be correct, they were not obtained in a way that speaks to their accuracy or statistical viability.

-Nkk

Upvote 0
These batteries do not condition themselves or improve in any way over time.

The anecdotes posted above are the result of 2 simple realities:

1. It is the power meter on the phone that becomes better calibrated when the battery actually is drained to the point the phone shuts off. By default, the phone's power management is conservative. If the battery really runs out, it will not recharge properly. Letting the battery run down "completely" (to phone shutdown at least) will allow the phone's power management to calibrate to the actual battery capacity.

2. Once the newness wears off, and the user is not constantly playing with the phone, the time required between charges will increase, giving the illusion of increased battery life.

Reactions: ig88 and nkk
Upvote 0
These batteries do not condition themselves or improve in any way over time.

The anecdotes posted above are the result of 2 simple realities:

1. It is the power meter on the phone that becomes better calibrated when the battery actually is drained to the point the phone shuts off. By default, the phone's power management is conservative. If the battery really runs out, it will not recharge properly. Letting the battery run down "completely" (to phone shutdown at least) will allow the phone's power management to calibrate to the actual battery capacity.

2. Once the newness wears off, and the user is not constantly playing with the phone, the time required between charges will increase, giving the illusion of increased battery life.

Amen to that. Now I don't have to type anymore.

Upvote 0
After discharging the stock battery, I managed to get 6 hours out of it.

After discharging the Seido battery, I am still running it down after unplugging it 22 hours ago.

This isn't based on some random assholes "test". This is based on cold hard facts taken from 3 battery apps keeping track of everything and my own observations.

Anyone who has an axe to grind against Seido is a tool and needs to get a life. No one gives a shit about your crusade against some 3rd party company.

Upvote 0
After discharging the stock battery, I managed to get 6 hours out of it.

After discharging the Seido battery, I am still running it down after unplugging it 22 hours ago.

This isn't based on some random assholes "test". This is based on cold hard facts taken from 3 battery apps keeping track of everything and my own observations.

Anyone who has an axe to grind against Seido is a tool and needs to get a life. No one gives a shit about your crusade against some 3rd party company.

Is it really that serious? Don't hold back now.

Upvote 0
I have voiced an opinion on this link before, and I will do so again.

BatteryBoss is an incompetent experimentalist who has more need for attention than for truth. His claims have a couple of problems:

-Not all batteries were new. And even if they were never used, he does not know how old they are. Lithium batteries decay from the start regardless of whether they are used. This is a huge factor.

-He asked his internet friends to send him batteries. Not only are these not new, they have been used. He does not know the conditions under which they were used (temperature, charge/discharge rate). A high discharge rate could cripple a battery. Same with an obnoxiously hight charge rate. He does not know the history, and yet compares them to new batteries with no correction or normalzation.

-A sample size of one is not statistically viable in any type of research. That is pretty clear cut.

Battery boss, while he may think he is helping the consumer, is really only spreading misinformation and bad statistics. While his results may be correct, they were not obtained in a way that speaks to their accuracy or statistical viability.

-Nkk

Amen. Thank you for using common sense... not a lot of people have it.

Reactions: nkk
Upvote 0
Had to charge mine 2 times when I got it in that day. Not super heavy usage, but I did have GPS on and auto-brightness. Only lasted me like 5 1/2 hours before it was dead. I think I might get the Seidio one for now because I don't know when we are coming out with the extended battery, they haven't been stocked yet. Checked inventory and it shows 0.

Upvote 0
is there always gonna be a pissing war on whether or not this is a good battery or not? you got a FEW people looking at the stats that dont have the battery saying its not a good battery blah blah blah. then you got A LOT of people using it REAL time on a day to day basis saying its has noticeably improved my phone. i dont think these people are just randomly lieing about it. i have seen nothing but positive feed back from seidio and definitely will be purchasing one. i dont need to last 3 days without charging, just 1 as i charge my phone every night

Upvote 0
Agreed. People are claiming over 24 hours with moderate use, and I know I am getting about 1/4 that right now with moderately heavy use. It can't hurt. At the very least, you have two batteries. Worth the gamble, although it seems to be the consensus that it's a good idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones