• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Verizon Qi charging?

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
I have the Verizon version & just purchased a Qi charging back off eBay for $20. My question is anyone else on here (Verizon) using Qi charging and/or anyone using Qi charging through an Otterbox Defender? Curious to know what brand charger people are using & which ones might work best.

I have two S5 phones on Verizon.
Each has a Qi receiver card in it.
I have 3 Qi charging pads.
none of them are from the same vendor, all purchased separately.
The 2nd Qi receiver card I bought was marginal and I replaced it with a 3rd one that seems to be much better. This one seems to be the best of the crop of 3 that I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3J2KNI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pads are different in their apparent power transmitted to the Qi receivers. This is the last of the 3 which claims to be strong enough to work thru an 8 mm gap, which should work with most cases. It was definitely better than the 2nd pad I bought....

I tried to go with Reviews, but that didn't seem to pan out...
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns Data ON

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Well....I've been using the Nokia DT-900 for few days now & works great. Charges through the Otterbox Defender case & no slow charging notification. It seems to charge pretty close to same rate as wired charging. Nice to just set the phone down & it starts charging without having to plug it in.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones