Anyone with T-MOBILE that uses the Android Galaxy II? I'm concerned about the unlimited plan

Last Updated:

1. venusinscorpio

venusinscorpio New Member This Topic's Starter

-Is there an unlimited T-MOBILE plan for unlimited texting, calling, and internet? All of my friends seem to have that but I end up paying almost $200 because I'm on the internet a lot on my Android.

I saw an advertizement on my phone that If I get an unlimited nationwide 4G DATA and get limitless data, talk, and text, would that include internet, too? It says it will be 89.99 a month but I'm not sure if that will include internet as well.
    Also, excuse my ignorance but I presume DATA means internet only I'm not quite sure since there are many things I don't understand about deals, plans and phones overall.

If not, then what other plans can I use instead to get unlimited internet when my provider is T-MOBILE?

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Do you know if T-mobile's use of the word "unlimited" has an asterisk * next to it. If so, you'd better check the small-print. Things like bandwidth throttling, fair usage, etc.

3. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

Is this Tmobile UK or USA?

i am Tmobile UK and have a 1.5gb Allowance

this is just for downloading and streaming

general browsing and social networks etc are all unlimited

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Thread moved into the T-Mobile Forum.

I know that a lot of people are on the T-mobile 30$/m plan with Unlimited* mobile internet with like 100 minutes and unlimited texts, i think?

I am not familiar with T-mo, however, like mike said you need to watch out because t-mo will throttle your internet at like 2GB of usage...so it is unlimited but it will be very slow after you use that 2GB

5. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Not entirely true anymore. If you go for one of their contract classic plans with unlimited data (like the $90/mo 4G plan), they no longer throttle you as long as you're on their network. This does not include hotspot capability though, so if you tether you're probably safer with a plan that includes that. Also note that T-Mobile will throttle you past your data allowance if you're roaming; that cap varies widely and is rather difficult to figure out from their fine print.

If you go with one of their prepaid no-contract plans or one of their contract value plans, you will be throttled after a data cap. However, that cap is clearly stated in the plan descriptions, so no surprises there.

Edit: also, yes - data means internet. :)

6. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

T-Mobile USA now has truly unlimited - as in NO throttling or overcharges, ever - HSPA+ 4G data (aka internet) at very good rates. Unlimited talk, text + data is $70/mo on a Value Plan.

7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I just signed up for this when I got my Note 2. Plan prce supposedly dropped $5/mo. from my previous 5GB data plan, w/Value Unlimited voice/text.

I have been throttled as soon as I breeched my 5GB limit, on a few occasions, but have yet to hit 5GB on the "True" unlimited plan yet, as it was the end of my billing cycle when I switched.