• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyway to soft touch screen to end phone call rather than hard press side power button

Leob

Sep 9, 2016
I notice that after a long phone call, the screen turns black as you would want, but in order to end the call, you need to do a hard press of the side power button. I rather just soft touch the screen and have it come back to life, like on an iPhone. Anyway to set that??

removing those items and testing whilst in a call should confirm if they are the culprit or not.

you can scan some forums across the internet and see similiar issues. most related to screen protectors and/or cases.

im running a 3rd party launcher and during a call just today i was testing putting the phone to my ear and removing it, all times the screen would light up. imi using no screen protector but an OEM samsung Alcantara case.

Upvote 0
The only reason i can think of as to why your phone doesn't come to life after taking it away from your ear is because you are using a Bluetooth device for phone calls, otherwise your phone should detect when you move away from screen, or maybe your on speaker?
To stop power button from disconnecting calls go to settings> call >answering and ending calls, and change the setting
Otherwise not sure of the reason

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
again sir/ma'am, the screen protector and/or phone case could be interfering somewhat,. only removing these things will determine if they are the culprit or not.

even if you reach out to samsung or some tech rep at best buy, etc, they will ask you the same questions,.

although you don't think they are causing the isee, more often than not they do.

for example on the sensor ,

i have the phone set to not be able to come to life if it determines its in a bag or pocket.

i can also fool the sensor by thinking its in a bag or pocket by having something hover over that sensor--in effect blocking it--and it will turn off the AOD screen. once i remove the item that covering the sensor , the phone will come back to life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the reasons my phone doesn't come back to the screen when my ear is on it is because my phone has an lock feature..so when inactive screen for a minute or two, locks the screen as is supposed to..so if I want to go back to phone call I have to unlock it first as it's supposed to ask me "who I am"(in case some one other than me picked up my phone..it's a security feature)..then I go ahead and pull down the notification bar and end the phone call soft touching from up there with out going back to the actual phone call..

I don't know if this helped..

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones