• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So on my phone(z fold 4), it's:
settings>lockscreen>AOD (Make sure that toggle is on. you need to select it and not just toggling it on)>now there should be options like this:
Screenshot_20221109_093233_AlwaysOnDisplay.jpg

Just make sure the "show always" is selected.

Upvote 0
Still doesn't work. I have aod turned on, it stays on for a second, then turns off, and the switch that I turned on is now in the off position. Maybe time to switch this one out for that Pixel 7 Pro.
try putting the phone in safe mode and see if this is caused by a 3rd party app or not. if not then it might be a software issue. you might want to try a factory reset.

Upvote 0
What is "safe mode"?:thinking:
safe mode boots the phone in a state where only system apps will run. no 3rd party apps will be able to run in safe mode. this can determine if an app is causing the issue or if the operating system is at fault for your issue.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-5g/safe-mode/

Just to recap...settings, lock screen, and scroll down to lock screen. I flip the tab to on, and it magically flips back to off, all by itself. Major aggravation!
if safe mode does not work than, you might want to think about using smart switch to backup your phone (also maybe backup any other data on your phone), do a factory reset, use smart switch again to restore your backup......should fix your issue.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/su...up-data-using-smart-switch-on-a-galaxy-phone/

Upvote 0
It seems that you have a rogue app that has been given permission to change system settings.

To narrow it down, go to settings>apps>3 dot menu button in top right hand corner>special access>change system settings. Look for apps that are not Samsung/Android first. You can revoke the privilege with the toggle and then test either one by one or all at once. Once the issue stops, if you did it all at once you can either leave it alone or enable the privilege one by one to find the rogue app.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones