• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

laurenzo

Lurker
Sep 16, 2023
I have a problem with my smart phone (Galaxy S9+). It sometimes does not turn the screen on (at best it just flashes). Usually it happens if I have used the phone for a short while. If I turn the screen off, then I cannot turn it back on for some while. It sometimes doesn't want to turn on despite being turned off - maybe heat or something. If I attach the phone to a charger, then the charging prompt appears and I can continue using phone right away. Same with the prompt for someone calling. Any ideas?

I have a problem with my smart phone (Galaxy S9+). It sometimes does not turn the screen on (at best it just flashes). Usually it happens if I have used the phone for a short while. If I turn the screen off, then I cannot turn it back on for some while. It sometimes doesn't want to turn on despite being turned off - maybe heat or something. If I attach the phone to a charger, then the charging prompt appears and I can continue using phone right away. Same with the prompt for someone calling. Any ideas?

So it works okay on the charger? Sound like the battery is knackered and need replacing. The S9 is some years older now.

Upvote 0
So it works okay on the charger? Sound like the battery is knackered and need replacing. The S9 is some years older now.
No, even with the charger it does not turn on after being turned off recently. The screen still works, but I cannot see it. It sometimes shows false colors before it goes black. The charger simply gives a visual impulse to the screen, which somehow unlocks the problem.

Upvote 0
No, even with the charger it does not turn on after being turned off recently. The screen still works, but I cannot see it. It sometimes shows false colors before it goes black. The charger simply gives a visual impulse to the screen, which somehow unlocks the problem.

Can you do a factory reset? If not, or a factory reset doesn't fix it you need to look for a replacement phone

Upvote 0
sounds like a hardware issue then. you can try dyi the phone. ifixit is the best place for that. you can probably get the screen from them. they also sell tools to help you replace the screen. they also have a guide as well:

or get it fixed by a professional.

or get a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones