• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a Galaxy A52, which I love. The Android OS is up to date. I have it set to "keep screen on" while using, but my screen still fades and soon goes black, even if I'm holding the phone where it can clearly see my face.
This is especially a problem when I'm using the phone keypad to work my way through long "If you want <x> press 1" things. I keep having to turn the screen back multiple times. How can I fix this?

I had never even heard of a tile (in this sense) before this.
I just tried Caffeine out. I opened my PHONE, pulled down the menu from the top of my phone, turned on the Caffeine tile (was grey, turned blue) then called a number that always makes me wade through a ton of options, and which always has my phone get dim, then black out. The same thing happened again this time so unless I'm missing something, Caffeine isn't helping.

Upvote 0
OK but did you go to the Caffeine app in the app drawer, go to it's settings and choose your options? See screenshot
Screenshot_20230816-061833.png

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
My COMPATIBILITY MODE is greyed out, and it reads "enforced due to compatibility issues". The slider is in the ON position and I can't slide it.
ALLOW DIMMING is also greyed out and reads "not available under compatibility mode.
I did have DEACTIVATE AUTOMATICALLY "deactivate caffeine after locking" turned ON but turned it off to match your screen. That in itself didn't fix the problem. BTW-- thanks for all of your advice.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones