• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apn ????

Ugens

Lurker
May 8, 2012
Hey all,

Just got a new Galaxy Ace and having serious problems connecting to the internet. I'm currently in Brazil and bought the phone locally. It is an unblocked phone and I'm trying to connect to the VIVO 3g network. I've been reading some of the forums and I have hit a dead end. When go into my wireless/network settings and click the 'Access Point Names' - the next screen is blank....:thinking:

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Is it a case of updating the software?

It's my first Android phone, not impressed so far.

Hey all,

Just got a new Galaxy Ace and having serious problems connecting to the internet. I'm currently in Brazil and bought the phone locally. It is an unblocked phone and I'm trying to connect to the VIVO 3g network. I've been reading some of the forums and I have hit a dead end. When go into my wireless/network settings and click the 'Access Point Names' - the next screen is blank....:thinking:

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Is it a case of updating the software?

It's my first Android phone, not impressed so far.

you might have to set the APN manually if the configuration is not received automatically..

solution is just call you carrier and ask the to provide you with the details you need to set you APN.. (do mention your phone model)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones