• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help app 2 sd help

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ex...id-2-3-5-samsung-exhibit-2-a.html#post3529664

It's doesnt say in the guide but you can use the command -

adb shell pm getInstallLocation

That will show you what your device's primary install location is.

If you just issue the command "adb shell pm" you will trigger a list of available commands, on my wife's Exhibit the follow locations are listed -

The setInstallLocation command changes the default install location
0 [auto]: Let system decide the best location
1 [internal]: Install on internal device storage
2 [external]: Install on external media

As stated in the guide, dont move an app that has active widgets as they dont like being moved but worst case is they simply act funny or dont work until you move them back to the phone's memory.

Setting your phone to USB debug and issuing these commands is rather benign and does not require root.

Upvote 0
I am able to use the ADB tools to set my phones default installation location to 2 (external sd card), however when apps download and start installing, i get an error message saying "error installing, not enough available storage" something like that. Although I have a completely empty 32GB micro sd card in the phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-599N from MetroPCS. I even rooted it. Any help or is it impossible to do on this phone? I already tried using Link2SD, App2SD, and they didn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones