• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving apps on sd card

Hester4

Lurker
Mar 7, 2023
device :realme C25S, yoo, i was about to move my apps on my sd card but sadly there's no option of moving my apps on my sd card even tho there's sd card in my phone i don't know what to do can you people gimme some heads up how to force fully move my apps on my sd card?

To move apps to the SD, you need to do something like this:
  1. Insert an SD card into your device. ...
  2. Open Settings > Storage Settings.
  3. Select your SD card. ...
  4. Tap the menu icon (three dots) in the upper right corner.
  5. Tap Storage settings.
  6. Tap Format as internal.
  7. Tap FORMAT SD CARD.
  8. Tap Move content.
Bare in mind, not all devices support using SDs as internal storage and moving apps to them, and I don't know your device so I can't say if it does or not.. Also if you do this, the SD can't be removed, and nor can it be read by a computer or other Android device, unless reformatted. Another thing, with apps running from the SD, it can cause increased wear of the SD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sorry what? Can you be more specific and put it all together in details
To move apps to the SD, you need to do something like this:
  1. Insert an SD card into your device. ...
  2. Open Settings > Storage Settings.
  3. Select your SD card. ...
  4. Tap the menu icon (three dots) in the upper right corner.
  5. Tap Storage settings.
  6. Tap Format as internal.
  7. Tap FORMAT SD CARD.
  8. Tap Move content.
Bare in mind, not all devices support using SDs as internal storage and moving apps to them, and I don't know your device so I can't say if it does or not.. Also if you do this, the SD can't be removed, and nor can it be read by a computer or other Android device, unless reformatted. Another thing, with apps running from the SD, it can cause increased wear of the SD
^^^^^^this^^^^^^

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones