• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Data Folder

I don't have a /android tree in my filesystem, but if you mean /sdcard/Android/data then no. Just look at the subdirectories and the names correspond to your installed applications. Most will be empty, but those which are there are there for a purpose (data which the app needs to store).

It's a good rule of thumb: if you don't know what something is for, don't mess with it ;)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
In Android 4.x /sdcard is internal storage, with the "external sd card" (i.e. the real one) having a different path).

If you meant /data (i.e. the top level internal data directory) then absolutely you should not delete stuff - the apps themselves are there. But that path doesn't include the word "Android", so the one I mentioned is the closest I could find on my phone (which doesn't have a removable sd card - everything is internal).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones