1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

App for file transfer over Wifi using NFC

1. ahemdev3

ahemdev3 New Member

Hey,

So NFC is a new feature which is going to be supported in all androids in the near future. It has so many applications but the best is to share something with your friend in the same room instantly. This is made possible by various apps such as BluenNfc(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fiteam17.bluenfc&feature=search_result#?t=W10.) This app uses NFC to do a connection hand-over to Bluetooth which then transfers the file. However, this is slow and can be annoying for large files. Using the same idea, if the connection hand-over was done to Wireless LAN instead of Bluetooth, the transfer would be much faster! I'm suggesting maybe NFC can do a hand-over to the email app on your phone and automatically transfer so that once you touch two phones together, it happens within a few (4-5) secs.

Can anybody come up with an app for this? I could really use it.
    Aditya

Advertisement
  2. BobPaul

BobPaul Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need WiFi Direct to me. Too bad it it seems to be broken in every android device I've ever tested.
  3. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

My new phone has this...im gonna test it out tonight..
  4. ahemdev3

ahemdev3 New Member

Dear BobPaul,
    Actually I'm looking for an App that allows NFC to make the device enter the wifi network and automatically start a file transfer similiar to the app mentioned above which uses bluetooth. Wifi direct, though effective, doesn't use NFC.