• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Another question from a cell phone virgin! When I install and download apps I do not see them on any of my main pages. The only way I can access the apps or games that I have installed and downloaded is by going back to the playstore where I first installed and downloaded them and I have to search for them again. The only difference is I do not have to reinstall them. Am I doing something incorrectly because everyone else I know has access to their downloaded apps as soon as they turn their phone on. Why am I required to search for them again? Please help me!

Oh okay. Now I see the stuff. Thanks. Another question if you could help. All of a sudden I have apps on my main pages that are dumb stuff like "Priceline" "cheater tracker" "partner locator" "play bingo" and others. These are showing up where I expected the others. I have no idea what these are and never downloaded them. I keep throwing them in the trashcan but they keep coming back. Can you help?

Upvote 0
Oh okay. Now I see the stuff. Thanks. Another question if you could help. All of a sudden I have apps on my main pages that are dumb stuff like "Priceline" "cheater tracker" "partner locator" "play bingo" and others. These are showing up where I expected the others. I have no idea what these are and never downloaded them. I keep throwing them in the trashcan but they keep coming back. Can you help?

Might be bloatware installed by the manufacturer or carrier. Most times these are installed as system apps which means that they are impossible to remove without having root access. Putting them in the trashcan doesn't remove them, try going into settings, applications and try uninstalling the offending apps.

Reactions: Serenitysmom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones