• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Telegram trouble

I'm trying to download Telegram on this Moto G Play. I did manage to do that but it won't let me have an account. I guess I have to give it a phone number. Well I was able to give it my friend's phone number after I downloaded Telegram to his phone. Now I have an account on his phone which is better than nothing but I want it on my phone. I tried using that code that worked on his to put it on mine. It doesn't work. I tried to get them to send another code with no luck. Right now I have no phone number because it's WiFi only. I tried to get Talkatone but it turns out it runs on google. I have been trying to find something else. There was a text app that turned out to be google only. Then I found Dingtone which might work. It turns out they charge. I don't know why they have to make things this hard.

I don't like that dumb name. How do I fix the Telegram problem, though? It doesn't do me much good if it's on somebody else's phone. I guess it's better than nothing. I tried copying the app to the Play phone but it didn't bring the account with it. I used their customer service three times and they lied they would reply but they haven't yet.

Upvote 0
why not use skype? you can get an online number

not sure if that will work with telegram though.

Upvote 0
I've got great news, I think. My friend is going to let me put my account on his phone. The only thing is when we tried that it said there was already an account with his number. Then we did add account a couple of times with no luck. There is a part where it says OK or switch, but switch didn't work. What do we do?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never mind. We figured out that it takes another phone. We gave it the other phone's number and then used the code that got sent to it and put the second account on the first phone. They should just say that. Now I have another problem but I guess it's not really telegram. I still have that Blu phone, the 140dl. It's got some good stuff on it but not enough room. I'm trying to bluetooth it to the Moto G Play. I can't get them to connect. I cleared Bluetooth and other caches on both phones with no luck. I also tried sending it to telegram, which just kept it on the Blu. Is there a way to send from Blu telegram to Play telegram?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones