• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App issues on Android TV with Netflix and Flash

Biggs

Lurker
Nov 27, 2014
I have an MBOX Android TV. The model is the quad core with 8GB memory and a built in flip up skype camera. It came to me already loaded.

I use Netflix. When I select a show or movie I play it. The video player shows it's controll briefly and then minimizes to be off the screen. If I want to skip through, pause or whatever selection I want I mouse to the bottom of the screen to recall the player features. It pops up and then minimizes immediately not giving me a chance to use it. It is an issue because when I start a show from resume it often plays sound and no picture. By sliding to position ahead or in history causes the video player to rebuffer and corrects the video loss. If I get and am distracted I pause the movie or show. If I hit play on the remote or keyboard it resumes with no picture. Now I need to slide to position to force a rebuffer. I can't because the player pops up and disappears not giving me a chance to do what is needed. I have tried to remove the app Netflix and reload it. No difference. I can't get around this issue. I have dug out my unjailbroken Apple TV to just watch Netflix and deal with all the issues of having to flip connections and cords when I want to use Netflix. A real pain! Any help will be welcomed.

Second issue I have is streaming CNN. I am a CNN junky. Don't judge me, I have no other addictions. I used to use www.streamingnewschat.eu/breaking to watch a stream. I can not get it to work at all. Works on all computers MAC and PC just fine. However I have a 55" plasma I want to watch it on. I have searched for other links to CNN and all fail. The CNN app at the play store is NOT what I want. I am not a cable TV subscriber and not even a US citizen. CNN offers no other options to me to receive streaming live news unless I go to my cable provider and pay 90.00 plus dollars a month to watch CNN. Not happening! I am not exactly sure if it is a adobe flash issue or not. Once again, any feed back, solution, hint tip or trick is welcomed. I am not only going through CNN withdrawal but have to deal with two boxes to watch Netflix. ARGH! I am not a dumb person but only lack experience with Android TV, rooting, XBMC and all the goodies that come with it. I am just looking for an easy way out of this. Thanks everyone! -Biggs

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones