• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Request: Official File Manager

I know this subject has been posted all over the place but we NEED this file manager. You can let everyone create an app but if they all store to the phones internal memory that would be the biggest factor that will kill this platform before it gets off the ground. You one uped Apple's iphone with expandable memory. But what is the use if we can only store music and pics there. We need to have the ability to store and run apps directly from the SD card. I noticed on my phone with all the apps I have downloaded since I got the phone well it's slow. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed. I know there are some file manager apps there but until I can move apps from the internal memory and to the SD card and run it directly from the card all the apps in the world that come out will be useless.

So Google, T-MO, and HTC if your listing. Fix this problem or you'll lose with Android and the G1.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones