• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App/Social] Voice for Facebook

Crazy991

Lurker
May 12, 2011
Hello everyone! This post is about an app I have recently released the Android Market called Voice for Facebook (or Facebook Voice).

Basically to describe it, think of Facebook, but hands-free. That's Facebook Voice. Facebook voice works through a series of spoken commands through Google's Speech Recognition interface which are then followed through by executions with the Facebook API.

What all can it do? Well, Facebook Voice currently gives you the ability to:
*Set new statuses
*Post to friends' walls
*Listen to yours or a friend's wall feed
*Comment on and like posts and comments
*Listen to comments on a post
*Check-in to nearby locations
All with a touch of a button, and your voice.

screen1.png

As you can see by this screenshot, it has a very simple interface. Just a Facebook logo that you tap, and the rest is voice-driven. If you need help during a command execution, just say "help" and Facebook Voice will tell you what to do next.

It also comes with a home screen widget, which as of now only opens the app. In the future I hope to have it actually bring up the voice prompt over what you're currently doing so you won't have to bother with the actual app itself.

Plans for the future:
*Facebook Chat
*Inbox reader
*Reply to private messages
*Hear notification updates
*Accept friend requests, send friend requests
*Listen to information on a user
*More

So, I would be honored if some of you could try it out :) I think if I get a lot of feedback on this app and some support and suggestions, it can turn out to be something great.

To get it, just search "Facebook Voice" or "cameron cooper" in the App Market.
Or, scan this with your phone:
img.php
Or if you prefer by PC, find it here on the online Android Market

Thanks!

Hello everyone! This post is about an app I have recently released the Android Market called Voice for Facebook (or Facebook Voice).

Basically to describe it, think of Facebook, but hands-free. That's Facebook Voice. Facebook voice works through a series of spoken commands through Google's Speech Recognition interface which are then followed through by executions with the Facebook API.

What all can it do? Well, Facebook Voice currently gives you the ability to:
*Set new statuses
*Post to friends' walls
*Listen to yours or a friend's wall feed
*Comment on and like posts and comments
*Listen to comments on a post
*Check-in to nearby locations
All with a touch of a button, and your voice.

screen1.png

As you can see by this screenshot, it has a very simple interface. Just a Facebook logo that you tap, and the rest is voice-driven. If you need help during a command execution, just say "help" and Facebook Voice will tell you what to do next.

It also comes with a home screen widget, which as of now only opens the app. In the future I hope to have it actually bring up the voice prompt over what you're currently doing so you won't have to bother with the actual app itself.

Plans for the future:
*Facebook Chat
*Inbox reader
*Reply to private messages
*Hear notification updates
*Accept friend requests, send friend requests
*Listen to information on a user
*More

So, I would be honored if some of you could try it out :) I think if I get a lot of feedback on this app and some support and suggestions, it can turn out to be something great.

To get it, just search "Facebook Voice" or "cameron cooper" in the App Market.
Or, scan this with your phone:
img.php
Or if you prefer by PC, find it here on the online Android Market

Thanks!

great application..
do you think to share source codes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones