• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that limits time device can be used per day?

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
Is there an app that limits the time of use for the device?

A friend has a program on their Windows PC that makes each kid sign on when they turn on the computer and the parents control how much time they can use it each day. they get a warning, and then it turns off.

Puts an end to "how long have you been on that thing?" and "can I just finish this game, it will take only one minute."

Is there an android app like this?

thanks

I think they an app like that would require root access, in order to have permission to shut a device down at a predetermined time. Given that, chances are slim that you'll find something to accomplish that. Though I haven't looked myself, I think your best bet might be an app that tracks uptime, our just going into the settings to view battery usage which should also track that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones