1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

App to block unwanted callers AND unwanted SMS'ers

Last Updated:

1. smartmove

smartmove New Member This Topic's Starter

New to Android. I always used a app called Magicall on my WM device. I want to be able to block specific contacts, unknown number or anonymous numbers and also specific contacts for SMS. I can see I have the option to send a contact direct to voicemail but don't have the same facility for unknown/anonymous callers and nothing to block SMS. Any recommendations for an app that works with 2.1? (I'm using a HTC Desire)

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

To block a caller just go to the contact in the address book and block them from there. For texts, you need a third party sms app like Handcent that allows you to block texts from contacts. Make sure you disable notifications in the default text app or you'll get two notifications per text.

randy_c likes this.
  3. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

4. timdot

timdot New Member

i just went to download this app, but it gives access to services that cost you money (directly call phone numbers)
    does it actually dial numbers?
    or is it there for a just in case kinda thing?
    i get a shitload of private numbers (normally financial institutions who mistakingly have my number for someone else with the same name) who quite often ring and it really gets on my nerves, and this app looks like it will solve my problems.

5. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

its a just in case kinda thing, thats all, it has access to your phone so that it can intercept the numbers you tell it to

6. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

I have been using aFirewall since I bought my Hero. I like it, it works, it's free. There is also a paid version which gives you some additional options.

7. julio.monteiro

julio.monteiro New Member

All,

I'm using aFirewall free version but it simply does not block any unwanted sms. It is working fine for calls when I enter numbers in the blacklist. The problem is that I'm entering numbers and asking to block calls and sms from that particular number but sms is still coming directly to my inbox.

Has anyone faced the same problem ? Any tips?

Tks!

8. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Can't you just blacklist the people you don't want to receive SMS from? There should be an option in your SMS app.