• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to block unwanted callers AND unwanted SMS'ers

New to Android. I always used a app called Magicall on my WM device. I want to be able to block specific contacts, unknown number or anonymous numbers and also specific contacts for SMS. I can see I have the option to send a contact direct to voicemail but don't have the same facility for unknown/anonymous callers and nothing to block SMS. Any recommendations for an app that works with 2.1? (I'm using a HTC Desire)

Thanks.

i just went to download this app, but it gives access to services that cost you money (directly call phone numbers)
does it actually dial numbers?
or is it there for a just in case kinda thing?
i get a shitload of private numbers (normally financial institutions who mistakingly have my number for someone else with the same name) who quite often ring and it really gets on my nerves, and this app looks like it will solve my problems.

Upvote 0
All,

I'm using aFirewall free version but it simply does not block any unwanted sms. It is working fine for calls when I enter numbers in the blacklist. The problem is that I'm entering numbers and asking to block calls and sms from that particular number but sms is still coming directly to my inbox.

Has anyone faced the same problem ? Any tips?

Tks!

Upvote 0
All,

I'm using aFirewall free version but it simply does not block any unwanted sms. It is working fine for calls when I enter numbers in the blacklist. The problem is that I'm entering numbers and asking to block calls and sms from that particular number but sms is still coming directly to my inbox.

Has anyone faced the same problem ? Any tips?

Tks!

Can't you just blacklist the people you don't want to receive SMS from? There should be an option in your SMS app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones