• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

app to limit text messages?

A question about Google Voice. Can I just give the GV number to those that I text frequently so they will text me on the GV number and others can still text me on my regular phone number (I have a 200 text plan).

This way I can talk unlimited with close friends and those that I just stay in contact with everynow and then can continue to text my real phone number.

Is that possible?

Upvote 0
A question about Google Voice. Can I just give the GV number to those that I text frequently so they will text me on the GV number and others can still text me on my regular phone number (I have a 200 text plan).

That's what I did. As I got used to GV I also started giving that number out to friends as my voice number, though I don't really make/receive calls much. The annoying thing I've found is that since I have GV set to email me notification of the text, the email or the text itself can be slightly laggy. So I get notified by email or text while reading the message from the other. I could stop the email, but I like to be sure that I get them in timely fashion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones