• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App To Trade Numbers By Pointing At Another Phone?

I created a QR code with my contact information and put a shortcut on one of my home screens. If I open that up a person can use their bar code scanner and save the information as a contact pretty easily. Most android phones and iPhones will already have that software installed. Bump only works if both phones have it installed.

Here is a dummy QR code you can use as a test. Scan with bar code scanner and you should see a "Add Contact" option.

QR%20Contact.png

Reactions: Colchicine
Upvote 0
I created a QR code with my contact information and put a shortcut on one of my home screens. If I open that up a person can use their bar code scanner and save the information as a contact pretty easily. Most android phones and iPhones will already have that software installed.

This was a great idea, so I did it too!

I used this QR code generator:
QR Code Generator

And I use this app/widget to display on one of my home screens:
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.thinkjava.androidphotowidgetfree&feature=search_result

The HTC Sense stock photo album widget wouldn't allow me to display the code without cropping it. But I was able to make one code for personal and one for work contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones