• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [APP] universalandroot (1-Click Root)

I will not upgrade to Froyo until either it is release officially and confirmed to be rootable, or when a decent copy of Froyo is leaked/built/released that numerous users can confirm as working properly. I'm more of one of those people who let others do the testing for me, then I follow procedures given once all is said and done. I just got my phone yesterday, I do not want to **** this baby up right now. I don't care if I can downgrade or if there's little risk. I simply have no interest in it right now. :p

I rooted 2.1, not 2.2.

Oh yeah, no more Eris leak issues for me. LOL

Upvote 0
wont work for me.. ive tried the universal androot.. hit the root button and it goes through some comands then says... Failed ! no~~~ fu goo~~~... what gives... and also have a zipped droidxroot file in astro but cant seem to do anything with it... me and my girl have been working for over an hour to root my droid x and her droid.. nothing we both bought easy root... for me it says just reboot i shut it off and turn it on and it doesnt work.. none of the apps for a rooted phone works... im beat i dont know what else to do... Fab. i might have to meet you some where to get this worked out lol... i wanna get my xbox live back up soon lol

Wow, really thats nuts. I first had went through the entire manual process, then used Easy Root to run it through and root, unroot, etc. Worked flawless and took a few seconds.

Have you installed superuser after you rooted? Your phone can be rooted but unless the su.apk is on the phone the rooted apps have nowhere to go for permissions.

Upvote 0
I got a droid x last week and I am loving it. I am brand new to the android platform, and I would like to install root. I have been reading different threads for the last couple of weeks, but I think I have confused myself.

Are any of the apk installers better for using with this program? Or one that works better than others?

Before I run the installation, do I have to have the phone hooked up to my computer, or is this a standalone program? What about having blue tooth enabled, or the phone in debug mode; are they required?

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
no just download bar code scanner and scan this barcode
chart
then download that and install and hit the root button

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting Fabolus however if that is truly a Chinese developer like you mentioned there is no way I am installing that on my droid. From the Chinese and Free?? It's already been proven to find that the Chinese Govt. has been caught installing data tracking type software on various electronic devices manufactured in China sent to the US. Also there was this case also. I am normally not paranoid at all but I try and stay away from Chinese freeware as it surely raises a flag in my book.

Upvote 0
yeah I am using it right now

thanks i couldnt figure out why it kept giving me the screen with the exclamation point in the triangle even after i flashed clockworrcks recovery several times so i just rooted using this Sticky: Guide to Rooting 2.2 for Windows and Linux on my computer running ubuntu gave me a lil trouble but im running bugless beast now and its nice :) love root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones