• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App update-memory question

benchmark

Jul 29, 2010
From time to time i get the message that some apps have updates on the app market and when i check them out, they are just a few kb (kilobytes) more than the old one.
I go ahead and proceed with the update and it says something like 'this update will replace the existing older application' and i say OK.

Now i am expecting the newer updated app to replace the older app and just be a few KB more but when i check my internal phone memory i notice that some mb (megabytes) have been used for the process.

Any one else notice this?

Now, if i want to update i have to first delete the older app manually and install the newer update separately to avoid the memory loss :(

From time to time i get the message that some apps have updates on the app market and when i check them out, they are just a few kb (kilobytes) more than the old one.
I go ahead and proceed with the update and it says something like 'this update will replace the existing older application' and i say OK.

Now i am expecting the newer updated app to replace the older app and just be a few KB more but when i check my internal phone memory i notice that some mb (megabytes) have been used for the process.

Any one else notice this?

Now, if i want to update i have to first delete the older app manually and install the newer update separately to avoid the memory loss :(

I do the same thing
But I'm unaware for that
A good info (Thx)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones