• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AppBrain issues updating 2 apps

MrSmoofy

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2010
Trinity, FL
So I finally got Froyo but now I have the following problem:

AppBrain app says there is an update for TTS Service and Adobe Flash but when I try to install the updates via appbrain I get the following message for both

Not found
The requested item could not be found.

What can I do to fix this?

I've gotten those messages intermittently about various apps since I started using AppBrain. Not often, but a handful of times.

AppBrain generally figures out that there isn't really an update within a couple of days and will stop bugging you. I haven't found anything I can do to force AppBrain to stop displaying the message quicker.

But, honestly, the addition of the "Update All" option in the official Market makes AppBrain seem less necessary than it seemed before.

Upvote 0
It appears that there is a newer version of Flash on the marketplace than what 2.2 on the incredible has. Appbrain doesnt' distinguish your phone model, it just compares software. If you pull up your android marketplace and search for flash, you can't find it.
The version on the marketplace probably doesn't support the incredible properly yet and thus isn't visible. I'm sure eventually we will get flash updates over marketplace, and at that time appbrain will update properly.

Upvote 0
I thought that Froyo brought auto update...

I have marked certain apps to auto update, but today had 2 apps show updates.

Both were selected to auto update, yet I still had to tell them to update.

Doing something wrong?

Lego!
I was using the "Update All" option and noticed today that it won't work for any app that has a change in it's permissions.... You have to actually click on those and approve the new permissions. That was with Skype.

Could that be what's going on with "Allow automatic updating"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones