• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application (.apk) for my website

darhadaf

Lurker
Jan 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

I wanted to have an Android application (.apk) for my website, an application which shows my website information and users can download the APK app and install it on their mobile or tablet devices to see my website info... something like FB app and others out there...

So my question is that, is there any app templates that I can use and if not, do you know any websites that do Android apps as a freelancing job or something?

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Best Wishes,
Ali

It sounds to me like you need a QR code for your website, which will do everything you are saying. What would be the point of an app that does nothing but load info about a website?

I want my visitors who are browsing my site info with their mobile devices, easily view it! and if there had been an app for my website which could show my info organized and clean and also optimized for mobile devices, it was so great man! don't you think so ;)

So do you know any app templates or any websites who do this? if anyone provide my some links, I would really appreciate it :)

Ali

Upvote 0
I see what you are trying to accomplish, but I still don't think an app is the best way to go about it. Why not just incorporate browser sniffing into your website pages so that when a mobile device is detected, a presentation optimized for mobile devices is served up ? That way, it is fully automatic and does not require any special actions to be taken by your site visitors. Unless you have a huge following (like Facebook), many people are going to be reluctant to install an app for a single site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones