• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Applications not responding

Kitube

Jun 19, 2012
I have a Sony Xperia Go and previousely had an HTC Explorer, with both phones ive experienced that if i was doing something for example reading a website that it would slow down and eventually applications would stop responding and id get these pop ups (wait, force close).
This happens a lot, applications just stop responding, the most frequent apps are google maps, whatsapp, facebook.
any ideas? maybe a way to stop them from running in the background?

The first thing I would advise doing is running an update/repair given that it is effecting a wide range of apps:

To repair the phone software
1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
2. Turn on the phone, and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
4. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
5. Click repair phone.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Upvote 0
I just updated my phone with a new firmware (or android update? not sure) which came out yesterday or the day before, everything worked fine but now i get the error message
"unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." with an ok option. when i press ok the error message pops up again straightaway. making the phone unusable now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones