• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps moved to SD card get moved back to internal when updated.

Ripjockey

Lurker
Jun 18, 2011
My internal memory keeps getting filled up. To free up space, I move all the apps I can to the SD card, but when the apps get updated, they end up back in internal memory. This does not happen to all apps, about half of the ones I have installed. Can this be remedied or do i have to continually monitor and manually move the apps.
Android v.6.0.1

My internal memory keeps getting filled up. To free up space, I move all the apps I can to the SD card, but when the apps get updated, they end up back in internal memory. This does not happen to all apps, about half of the ones I have installed. Can this be remedied or do i have to continually monitor and manually move the apps.
Android v.6.0.1

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Ripjockey!

I am afraid that Samsung removed the option to adopt the SD card as internal storage. All apps from the Play Store will default to internal storage and will need to be moved after each update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones