• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps not working after Ice Cream Sandwich

charles2012

Oct 21, 2011
Hi, my Nexus S has just updated itself to ICS v 4.0.3, I'm in the UK. Now when I open Business Calendar no calendars are available to select (the Android calendar is OK but I usually only use Bus Cal). Also I have ACT! Connect installed, I now get the message "Unfortunately, Sage ACT! Connect Sync has stopped". Re-installed both apps but they still don't work.
Why have Google seemed to go overboard making ICS look different? I don't like the new colour theme in particular, is there any way to personalise it?

Thanks,

Charles

That is the only downside to a nexus device and quick updates. The developers for the apps have to make them work with the current version. Most devs are quick about it, but some just make you want to pull your hair out (Comcast, one of the largest cable TV providers in the US, took about 9 months to support gingerbread after it was released).

I would email the Dev and ask when they will support the current version of android, and I also always drop to a 1 star rating on the market to get their attention if they don't support the current android version.

Reactions: charles2012
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones