• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps on SD card

Is it a good idea to store downloaded apps on the SD card of my Galaxy 4. If so how can I accomplish this.

First of all you need to root your phone, there are some sub forums at the top which might have some instructions for your device. Otherwise go to the below link and find the forum for your device and they should have instructions there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.php

The next part is easy, install foldermount from the play store and move the game data to your sdcard. If your unsure how to use foldermount there are videos and youtube that guide you through it.

Recommended you have a class 10 microsd card though.

Is it a good idea? Of course it is, I have loads of games on my 64GB microsd card and still loads of space spare, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones