• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps running in background

just ignore it..

yes.. it might help with some apps..
the ones that need a lot of mem space. (big games)
it will load a little slower... but android will take care of it.. and get you more mem.

in 99% of the time.. no difference.
you are still stuck in the Dos way of doing things with mem.

Upvote 0
I'm not interested in getting into the the urinal battle of task killers, so I put some links below to some information about why task killers are not necessary in 2.2 and up. While they do have a function in some instances, most users don't understand the damage they can cause by constantly killing tasks. Trust me, I was one of those with a "kill all" widget on my home screen until I learned more about how android works. It's a definitely a paradigm shift, but well worth learning about.

Please read this article it's very insightful.
Here is another article that may help you kick your task killer addiction. :cool:

Upvote 0
I'm not interested in getting into the the urinal battle of task killers, so I put some links below to some information about why task killers are not necessary in 2.2 and up. While they do have a function in some instances, most users don't understand the damage they can cause by constantly killing tasks. Trust me, I was one of those with a "kill all" widget on my home screen until I learned more about how android works. It's a definitely a paradigm shift, but well worth learning about.

Please read this article it's very insightful.
Here is another article that may help you kick your task killer addiction. :cool:

+1

Coming from windows mobile, the desire to kill every app when I was done using it was a hard habit to kick. I now trust that android knows what it's doing and no longer worry about it.

Upvote 0
Above posts are correct But there are some apps out there that can cause other programs to run for no reason such as the Pervert Tracker and Family Tracker that make others run when not needed such as Maps and Lattitude. Dont install crap not needed is my advice.
I do know all that crap running will eat your battery up. I cleaned up my wifes Dinc and now she makes it thru a day on her bat.
I also noticed that some downloaded programs will install multiple programs. So if you dld something check to make sure other stuff is not installed too. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones