• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps to sync iTunes to Droid

Hi there -
I just got my Droid last week and wanted to sync my music up w/ iTunes from my Mac. I searched on your forum and found that the consensus was that Salling Media Sync was the best way to go.
I found it on the browser and clicked 'download.' However I got an error message that said "cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone.
What could be the problem here?
Alternately, is that still the best way for me to sync iTunes on a Mac w/ my Droid?
Thanks - Anna

Upvote 0
Hi there -
I just got my Droid last week and wanted to sync my music up w/ iTunes from my Mac. I searched on your forum and found that the consensus was that Salling Media Sync was the best way to go.
I found it on the browser and clicked 'download.' However I got an error message that said "cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone.
What could be the problem here?
Alternately, is that still the best way for me to sync iTunes on a Mac w/ my Droid?
Thanks - Anna

You have to download and install the sailing sync software to your Mac, not your phone

Reactions: calamari
Upvote 0
I don't use anything to sync..I just drag the songs out of my iTunes playlist over to my Droid's Music Folder once I have the Droid mounted to my computer. My music plays fine! All the music you buy on iTunes that costs $1.29 doesn't have that protection thing on them meaning you can play the music on other devices including phones...Just drag and drop!

Upvote 0
iSyncr for just syncing playlist music and the playlist info gets the job done. If you want to sync your iTunes playlists with playlist info and be able to sync pod casts (video and/or audio ones) then doubleTwist is the real deal. DT is quickly becoming the "iTunes for everyone else". DT will also convert videos on the fly into formats that work on the Droid and to the Droid's screen res.

As mentioned, you can also drag and drop but you get no playlist info. Great for small collections, but if you own a lot of diversified music and use playlists to org them, drag and drop doesn't fit the bill.

Upvote 0
I have been an iphone owner for four years and bought a HTC sensation a week ago. I have been working on trying to get my playlists to sync with my phone for many hours and nothing has worked. I own a mac but every program mentioned in here I have tried and nothing works-most are due to my computer being OS 10.4 while most of these programs are OS 10.5+. Salling seems to work the best, it syncs photos fine, but when I try to sync music it gives me an error. It just says Failed: Disconnect and reconnect and "error when copying ___". I have disconnected and reconnected countless times and I have tried multiple playlists and I still get the same error. Does ANYONE OUT THERE know why this is happenning? Are mac user not allowed to own androids? I miss my iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
I'd like to add another idea into the hopper here. I started a project called mediaSync which syncs android phones with iTunes. It is free to download, and while it is not as fancy as DoubleTwist, it does work well, its simple to use and fast to sync.

More information for it can be found here: mediaSync

I just didnt have good luck with DT or Google Music, or Amazon cloud stuff... so I ended up going in a different direction and wanted to share the project with some more folks.

Best wishes to you all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones