• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Arabic Support for Android on Desire HD

Greetings,

I'am assuming this topic has been created before, But i wanted to double check. Is google even thinking about adding Arabic to the Android ?

To be honest i found a forum that explains how to "Install" the arabic on the Desire HD. via rooting of course...

But after going through the steps. I noticed a "Trojan" within the files ! and a non safe application on my device !

Thats why i'am desperate. Is it too much to ask to get Arabic Support without Viruses and Trojans running freely in both my PC & DHD ? lol

Kind regards,

Reactions: Forked Tongue 79
Upvote 0
I do believe this topic has been brought up on numerous occasions. Last time I checked a request was open with Google to implement Arabic support.

Issue 5597 - android - Arabic language support . - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you go to the above link you can star this issue thus adding your support for Google to implement this in a future version or update to Android.

Indeed, Strange though. the issue has reached "5774" stars ! yet, not even one reply from Google. it doesn't feel good to be ignored.

Thanks "Martimus", I really appreciate your reply.

Upvote 0
Indeed, Strange though. the issue has reached "5774" stars ! yet, not even one reply from Google. it doesn't feel good to be ignored.

Thanks "Martimus", I really appreciate your reply.

True... In theory, the more people who star it the better chance you have of Google actually putting it on their roadmap...

Reactions: Forked Tongue 79
Upvote 0
True... In theory, the more people who star it the better chance you have of Google actually putting it on their roadmap...

Indeed, Well guess you cant have everything. I will simply wait and use my Blackberry for Arabic SMS & Facebook messages until Google adds the Arabic Support.

Again thanks "Martimus".

Upvote 0
I was surprised when there was no Arabic support on the DHD.

I seriously hope that they change that.

Well, My fried has a "HTC Desire", and he told me it does not support Arabic yet, a couple of my friends told me when i wanted to make the shift that it does not support Arabic.

But i needed a device smart enough to feed my technology hunger. and with every choice comes consequences.

I'm a Saudi and to be honest I do not believe Google even cares about Arabic. and I don't even blame them !... What is the Arabic language community compared to the English or Chinese or German or Spanish speaking community. I mean lets be logical. It is all numbers. who is the bigger community using your software ? and those are the ones who will receive support.

Lets just hope that a developer in Google has enough time to create a tiny modification to add the Arabic language on Android and introduce it on 2.4 or even 2.5 as the latest 2.3 does not have Arabic still.

Thanks for the reply "YPA".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones