• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are we ever likely to see an Ios emulator..?

miseryguts

Sep 26, 2011
The only one I am aware of iEmu's Kickstarter was cancelled ages ago.. afaik development is still continuing in one form or another, but there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of progress.
Some of the higher end devices surely have enough grunt now (at least for the lesser demanding apps & games) or will do very soon with the advent of Tegra 4 etc.
Is there no appetite for this or is it just too challenging a project atm..?

The only one I am aware of iEmu's Kickstarter was cancelled ages ago.
Some of the higher end devices surely have enough grunt now (at least for the lesser demanding apps & games) or will do very soon with the advent of Tegra 4 etc.
Is there no appetite for this or is it just too challenging a project atm..?

Hello miseryguts (great user name :D).

Maybe you'll see some recommendations here.

I just googled "ios emulator" and was presented with a page full of links to many different ones. Have a look around.. perhaps you could hit on one that is (legally) of the type you're interested in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones