• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you a student? Want an Evo? 15% off Credit Every Month

Oh you get 15% off the whole bill?

It's 15% off your base price plan (eg, if you have the Everythin Data 450 plan, you would get 15% off $69.99. It is unclear whether or not the $10 EVO fee will be included in the 'base price' or if it will be considered an add-on, similar to the $7 fee for insurance.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that this is good for any person with a university email address (*.edu). Even though it states "student" it works for anyone with that .edu suffix.

Hence my question about stacking discounts. Still, it's not something I would imagine would stack and I'm not gonna bother trading my 14% employer discount for a 15% student discount and just hoping nothing gets screwed up in the process

Upvote 0
i have a sprint account, i renew my contract on Feb, but it says that new 2 year agreement would apply? can some1 explain me this, sprint rep, was to dumb to explain, thanx in advance!!

Basically your contract expiration date would update to two years from the day you are accepted into the 15% discount program.

I got an e-mail today stating that I've been accepted and that it will take a billing cycle or two to show up on my bill.

I've basically dropped my bill by $25 a month $170 - 15% so I'm basically $15 a head even with the Evo tax...sweet!

Upvote 0
I chatted online with a Sprint rep yesterday evening to get clarification on this issue and after going to check....she came back to tell me that this discount does NOT count towards the EVO.

I'm in graduate school, so, it was certainly of an interest to me.

I guess we'll see what happens but I find that hard to believe...it's 15% off the bill there was no mention of it being device specific or plan specific and I scanned through the fine print.

Upvote 0
I chatted online with a Sprint rep yesterday evening to get clarification on this issue and after going to check....she came back to tell me that this discount does NOT count towards the EVO.

There's a freakin picture of an Evo on the studentrate website next to the offer terms!

If it works like Verizon & AT&T both do, you basically get a discount id attached to your account, and that discount is there for good, as long as you keep the same account active.

Upvote 0

Maybe she meant that the discount would not apply to the $10 upcharge? Seems plausible.

Upvote 0
Maybe she meant that the discount would not apply to the $10 upcharge? Seems plausible.

I asked her very specficially about the details of the discount and would it apply to the EVO. She told me to hold on while she went to check and came back and told me point blank it did not apply to the EVO.

Maybe her supervisor told her wrong but that's what she told me.

Upvote 0
24911901.png

Reactions: jazzy921
Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with a Studentrate.com rep. He informed me they are going to open up preodering for evo and start a $20.00 giftcard program for all that preorders through studentrate. They are finalizing everything, he said, and will be announcing it on their site within a day or two. FYI:)

That's awesome news thanks! I'm been trying to figure out how to get the phone as early as possible. My question is...does studentrate get EVOs? Are they going through Sprint? Hopefully it's legit because that would be so great :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones