Aria from non-AT&T sellers

Last Updated:

1. mrdoc

mrdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody had any experience with any non-AT&T seller? There are a bunch of sites around like wirefly.com and letstalk.com (that do not have so good reviews) and amazonwireless.com (that has some good reviews). They are all offering phone at much cheaper price than AT&T..

Advertisement
  2. trego

trego Member

While I'm sure many people have used these sites without problems do not buy from them till you check their refund return and early termination policies or what happens if you need service work on your phone. let's talk has a 15 day return versus att with a 30 day return.

3. mrdoc

I am particularly keen about amazon wireless if anybody had experience with them.. The y r offering 30 day return with both way shipping covered..
    About letstalk and wirefly, i have read at numerous places that they have pathetic customer service with reps not even being able to understand english; and the company sending over wrong phones and charging you for it..

4. mrdoc

sorry.. double post..

5. D33PTHAWTE

D33PTHAWTE Active Member

i believe i got my aria from radioshack.com, and i would recommend against it. yes, i got the phone free, just paid $9.99 shipping, but the hassles involved made me wish i had coughed-up the $129 at my local AT&T.
    the guy that i had to speak to because i was upgrading one line of my family plan assured me that i could stick with my unlimited data plan, (grandfathered). however, failed to realize that since i was on an iphone specific plan that it wasn't gonna fly on AT&T's end. it left my iphone 3g pretty unusable for several days until my aria shipped, and i still had to go on the AT&T site to reselect a data plan and i could not keep the unlimited.
    so to me, the moral is, you get what you pay for...outsourced service from a company that is a middle-man between handset providers and wireless providers. if i could do it again, i would definitely pay the subsidized AT&T contract price so i could get service from someone who knew what to do...i miss my unlimited safety net.

6. rtj3184

rtj3184 New Member

I bought through wirefly.com. $19.99+free shipping and I received the phone the very next day. I switched from Iphone 3G and dealing with AT&T was easy too and I got to keep unlimited data plan (took some arguing but nothing major). I highly recommend wirefly.

7. wavemaster

wavemaster Member

I bought it from Dell and have regrets as well.

It was a minor inconvenience to deal with a pushy sales guy at Dell who wanted to sell me stuff I didn't need.

The big deal is however that Dell refused to unlock my Aria when I went on a business trip to Europe. I believe AT&T would have done so.
    Now, I ended bringing a second unlocked phone to use in Europe. At least I did not pay the international rates.

8. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member

After I got mine from AT&T, I was in Costco and they had it substantially cheaper. Alas, it was too late to take it back to AT&T & redo it.

9. mrdoc

as i wrote in another post. I got it from amazonWireless..
    No complaints.. fast shipping and easy process..

10. adler619

adler619 New Member

i bought my aria from a to z wireless in the mall where i live i bought it as an unlocked so i can use any sim card in it i have att but for me the phone is fantastic to me way better then i phone find a cell phone place or something in the mall or little shop that buys and cells used phones they sometimes have good deals i got my htc aria for $200.00 bucks and nothing is wrong with it

11. ScorchBlade

ScorchBlade Member

I also got mine from amazon wireless. No problems at all and $80 cheaper than at&t.