• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aria from non-AT&T sellers

mrdoc

Sep 8, 2010
Has anybody had any experience with any non-AT&T seller? There are a bunch of sites around like wirefly.com and letstalk.com (that do not have so good reviews) and amazonwireless.com (that has some good reviews). They are all offering phone at much cheaper price than AT&T..

I am particularly keen about amazon wireless if anybody had experience with them.. The y r offering 30 day return with both way shipping covered..
About letstalk and wirefly, i have read at numerous places that they have pathetic customer service with reps not even being able to understand english; and the company sending over wrong phones and charging you for it..

Upvote 0
i believe i got my aria from radioshack.com, and i would recommend against it. yes, i got the phone free, just paid $9.99 shipping, but the hassles involved made me wish i had coughed-up the $129 at my local AT&T.
the guy that i had to speak to because i was upgrading one line of my family plan assured me that i could stick with my unlimited data plan, (grandfathered). however, failed to realize that since i was on an iphone specific plan that it wasn't gonna fly on AT&T's end. it left my iphone 3g pretty unusable for several days until my aria shipped, and i still had to go on the AT&T site to reselect a data plan and i could not keep the unlimited.
so to me, the moral is, you get what you pay for...outsourced service from a company that is a middle-man between handset providers and wireless providers. if i could do it again, i would definitely pay the subsidized AT&T contract price so i could get service from someone who knew what to do...i miss my unlimited safety net.

Upvote 0
I bought it from Dell and have regrets as well.

It was a minor inconvenience to deal with a pushy sales guy at Dell who wanted to sell me stuff I didn't need.

The big deal is however that Dell refused to unlock my Aria when I went on a business trip to Europe. I believe AT&T would have done so.
Now, I ended bringing a second unlocked phone to use in Europe. At least I did not pay the international rates.

Upvote 0
i bought my aria from a to z wireless in the mall where i live i bought it as an unlocked so i can use any sim card in it i have att but for me the phone is fantastic to me way better then i phone find a cell phone place or something in the mall or little shop that buys and cells used phones they sometimes have good deals i got my htc aria for $200.00 bucks and nothing is wrong with it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones