• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID MAXX!

Somewhere I read and I'm trying to find the post someone was running kitkat with CM on their maxx - I know I read in this forum that they've announced its being released, but then not to hold our breath by another member cuz its not likely... this phone is obsolete.
That being said, since I have been reading a ton on here and other forums, I've gained quite a bit of understanding and I think that's key to being an Android user. It's bound to happen, I think, because droid users are usually the use that push the envelope, demanding their devices to be the answer to almost everything... that's funny, I don't think iPhone users are. They just have their iphones and then a iPad with them Always. Hey, wait I just bought an iPad! Oh my god I'm just like them!

Upvote 0
Somewhere I read and I'm trying to find the post someone was running kitkat with CM on their maxx - I know I read in this forum that they've announced its being released, but then not to hold our breath by another member cuz its not likely... this phone is obsolete.
That being said, since I have been reading a ton on here and other forums, I've gained quite a bit of understanding and I think that's key to being an Android user. It's bound to happen, I think, because droid users are usually the use that push the envelope, demanding their devices to be the answer to almost everything... that's funny, I don't think iPhone users are. They just have their iphones and then a iPad with them Always. Hey, wait I just bought an iPad! Oh my god I'm just like them!

Um my phone I bought last week came out of the box with KitKat.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Question: I know how to use "OK Google Now" to give commands but about using my microphone for just typing text, like now? My keyboard doesn't show a microphone button.

Go to settings / language and input. Enable "Google Voice Typing". If you are using the default Google keyboard,that will put a microphone icon to the left of the space bar.

Upvote 0
This happened to me once, and all I had to do was enter in the password again. It definitely required entering the proper password - hitting "retry" (or whatever the other choice was) never worked, even though my password never changed.

I had one account with two-factor authentication, but that still worked. I can't remember if I used the authenticator app to look for the time-based 6 number pin or if I created an app-specific passphrase for the account for the phone.

Upvote 0
This is not Droid Maxx specific, per se, but here goes...

I've got several comics readers on my Maxx, yet with every single one of them, when I try to add comics via USB it always tells me that the file type is not supported by the device, when I know each app is capable.

My question...how do I get the files on my phone?

Try Google drive on your computer

Reactions: wetstereorebel
Upvote 0
As per my official DROID MAXX review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID MAXX can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!
I have the Droid maxx, love the phone a question regarding the command center widget. My wife has the razr maxx hd and I like the command center widget that shows notifications in the widget more functional. Can the razr maxx widget be used on the Droid maxx.?

Upvote 0
My Acrobat reader of used to have a way to open up the Droid share and share it with any of the options that were there. That seems to be gone because of the export to PDF or I can only email it. Where has it gone because all I wanna do is share to my Dropbox site or download and it is hard to do.

This may be the share bug.

Try sharing something else - go into the gallery and try to share a photo. Does it give you a choice of items to share to, or does it just go into one app?

See [Bug Watch] KitKat's Share Dialog Can Forget To Give You A Choice Of Apps To Share To, Set Your Last Used App As The Default

Upvote 0
As per my official DROID MAXX review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID MAXX can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!
I have the Droid maxx, love the phone a question regarding the command center widget. My wife has the razr maxx hd and I like the command center widget that shows notifications in the widget more functional. Can the razr maxx widget be used on the Droid maxx.?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones