• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Assign a unique tone to a specific notification sender??

missin44

Nov 3, 2009
I have a dilemma I hope someone can help me solve. It's a two-fold problem.

1. I would like to be able to assign a unique tone to a single notification. Example: I get notifications from work, at all hours. They come in the form - alert@XXXX.net . It's not important what the tone is, just that it's specific to the example shown.

2. Once the above is accomplished, for times when I'm sleeping, I would like to be able to silence all ringers and notifications except for the above, alert@XXXX.net

3. In a perfect world I would like to easily turn this off and on for those days that I'm not working.

I'm guessing it's pretty easy to do, I just haven't been able to figure it out.
For what it's worth I have a Note 10+, all updates completed.

It's a matter of assigning that to a contact ("Work Alert", for example), giving it a unique ringtone if you want, and then setting it as a favorite contact. Even in Do Not Disturb mode, that contact can still ring in.

The trick will be your off-days. The only thing I can think of, with the stock phone app, is to un-mark it as a favorite when you don't want it bothering you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones